So my most-watched video on YouTube is my roast chicken thigh recipe (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jnpuGxyO9D0). Of course I’d like to replicate that success in another video, so I’m once again focusing on chicken thighs. This time, I’m making sticky Asian chicken thighs, which are perfect to serve over rice next to stir-fried vegetables.
1/3 c. gluten-free soy sauce
2 tbsp. honey
2 tbsp. brown sugar
1 tbsp. rice wine vinegar
1 tbsp. sesame oil, regular or toasted
1 tbsp. lemon juice
1 tbsp. grated ginger
1 tsp. salt
1 tsp. Chinese five spice powder
2 cloves (1 tsp.) garlic, minced
1 tsp. chili paste or sriracha sauce
~3lb. chicken thighs, bone-in, flabby extra skin trimmed off
1. Preheat oven to 400°. Combine all ingredients except chicken thighs in small saucepan and simmer over medium-low heat (3.5/10) ~10 minutes, or until sauce thickens. If sauce doesn’t thicken enough, whisk in a dash of corn starch.
2. Preheat large stove-to-oven-safe skillet over stovetop on medium-high heat (6.5/10). Place thighs skin-side down to sear 3-4 minutes once pan is hot.
3. Remove seared thighs to plate or cutting board raw side down. Coat thoroughly in glaze. Wash hands after handling raw chicken.
4. Arrange thighs back in pan skin-side up. Cook chicken in the oven on the middle rack at 400° ~30-35 minutes (use a leave-in probe thermometer set to 170° to ensure doneness, or a regular meat thermometer after removing from the oven).
5. Re-glaze chicken in clean bowl. Set the broiler to low, dump liquid out of pan so chicken doesn’t steam, and broil ~5 minutes to give skin extra crispiness.
6. Let rest 5 minutes before serving. Garnish plate with scallions cut on the bias and sesame seeds.
For more information on this recipe and others, check out my blog at the link below!
The Deglutenizer Blog:
Buy my first book!
In my store: http://thedeglutenizer.com/shop/ebook/collection-8-recipes-ebook/
On Amazon (US): https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01GA9NT5C
Follow me on Instagram!
Like me on Facebook!
Follow me on Twitter!
Tweets by TheDeglutenizer
Follow me on tumblr!
Follow me on Pinterest!