Dum Ka Red Chicken/Red Chicken made at Hyderabadi Marriage Functions from Maimoona Yasmeen’s Recipes
YOU CAN ALSO REACH US ON :
Youtube Subscribe -https://goo.gl/c1S3LX
Website – http://www.hyderabadwala.com
Facebook – http://www.facebook.com/hyderabadwale?ref=hl
Google Plus – https://plus.google.com/+Hyderabadwala
Twitter – https://twitter.com/Hyderabadwalaa
Instagram – https://www.instagram.com/hyderabadwalarecipes/
For Chicken Marination:
Chicken with bones: ½ kg
Cashews: 10 grams
Charoli/chironji: 10 grams
Ginger garlic paste: 1 tablespoon
Salt: 3/4th teaspoon
Turmeric powder: ½ teaspoon
Red chilli powder: 1 ½ teaspoon
Spices/Garam masala powder: ½ teaspoon
Coriander/dhaniya powder: ½ teaspoon
Black pepper powder: 1/4th teaspoon
Green chilli sauce: ½ tablespoon
Tomato sauce: 1 tablespoon
Whipped curd: 75 grams
Red food colour: 2 pinches (optional)
1. Grind together cashews and charoli into a fine paste and keep aside.
2. Wash medium sized pieces of chicken with bones and strain the water.
3. Add ginger garlic paste, salt, turmeric powder, red chilli powder, spices or garam masala powder, coriander or dhaniya powder, black pepper powder, green chilli sauce, tomato sauce, whipped curd, ground paste of cashews and charoli and red food colour to the chicken pieces.
4. Mix well and keep these marinated chicken aside for about one hour.
Marinated chicken along with the gravy
Oil: 5 tablespoons
Onion: 50 grams
Cinnamon: 2 small sticks
Chopped mint leaves: 1 tablespoon
Chopped coriander: 1 tablespoon
1. After one hour of marinating the chicken, add oil to a cooking pan.
2. When the oil is hot, add thinly sliced onion and fry till the onions turn light brown and crispy.
3. Remove the fried onions and keep aside.
4. Into the remaining oil in the pan, add cinnamon sticks, slit cardamoms, black cloves and the marinated chicken along with the gravy.
5. Arrange chicken gravy in a single layer in the pan.
6. Add the fried onions, chopped mint leaves and chopped coriander to the chicken gravy.
7. Close the lid and cook on low flame till the chicken gets very tender.
8. Stir at times delicately and flip the chicken pieces
9. When the chicken is 80 percent done, add lemon juice and close the lid.
10. When the chicken pieces get tender and when the oil separates, switch off the flame.
Dum ka Red Chicken is ready. Serve with rumali roti.