Green Chicken served at Hyderabadi Marriage Functions
YOU CAN ALSO REACH US ON :
Youtube Subscribe -https://goo.gl/c1S3LX
Website – http://www.hyderabadwala.com
Facebook – http://www.facebook.com/hyderabadwale?ref=hl
Google Plus – https://plus.google.com/+Hyderabadwala
Twitter – https://twitter.com/Hyderabadwalaa
Instagram – https://www.instagram.com/hyderabadwalarecipes/
Maimoona Yasmeen’s Recipe
Ingredients: (standard measurements):
Chicken with bones (medium sized pieces): 1 kg
Ginger garlic paste: 1 tablespoon + 1 teaspoon
Salt: 1 ½ teaspoon
Curd: 150 grams
Mint leaves (chopped): ½ cup
Chopped coriander: 1/4th cup
Whole green chillies: 5
Cashews (kaju): 50 grams
Charoli (chironji): 25 grams
Khash khash (poppy seeds): 25 grams
Cardamoms (elaichi): 4
Black cloves (lavang): 3
Cinnamon (dalchini): 3 small sticks
Cooking oil: 8 tablespoons
Turmeric powder: 1 teaspoon
Green chilli sauce: 2 tablespoons
1. Washed and strain the chicken pieces.
2. Add 1 tablespoon ginger garlic paste, salt, whipped curd, chopped mint leaves, chopped coriander and crushed green chillies to the chicken pieces.
3. Mix well and keep the chicken for marination for about an hour.
4. After one hour of marinating the chicken, grind together cashews, charoli and poppy seeds into a very fine paste and keep aside.
5. To a broad bottomed pan, add oil.
6. Add slit cardamoms, black cloves, cinnamon sticks and 1 teaspoon ginger garlic paste.
7. Stir fry for 30 seconds.
8. Add turmeric powder.
9. Add the ground paste of cashews, charoli and poppy seeds.
10. Stir fry continuously till the oil separates.
11. Add the marinated chicken and mix well.
12. Add green chilli sauce.
13. Cook on medium flame to low flame till the chicken is tenderized and till the oil separates.
14. Delicately, stir at times to prevent burning.
Green Chicken served at Hyderabadi Marriage Functions is ready.
Note: If you are preparing in large quantity, always grind together ginger garlic paste and green chillies together, sieve and use only its water for a finer consistency.