Chicken cacciatore has been reinvented with my 5-star take on the classic favourite. With a combination of bold tomato sauce and luscious porcini mushrooms, this chicken recipe is moist, flavourful, and finger-licking-fabulous.
This is one of my favorite chicken recipes ever.
This Cacciatore Chicken recipes is by far the best chicken casserole I have eaten in my life.
SUBSCRIBE TO MY YOUTUBE CHANNEL (IT’S FREEEEEE 😉 http://bit.ly/SubscribeToMyYOUTUBEchannel
Share it with your FOODIE friends on FACEBOOK
Get the recipe on my #FoodBlog http://www.vincenzosplate.com/recipe-items/chicken-cacciatore/
Check out my website for full recipes and to follow my blog: http://vincenzosplate.com/
Kg to cups converter: http://www.convertunits.com/from/kilo+g/to/cup+[US]
CHICKEN CACCIATORE | Homemade Cacciatore Recipe
Dried Porcini mushrooms (or fresh if you can get them)
1 x whole organic chicken cut into pieces (or less if you’re not hungry, but you’ll regret not making extra!)
1 glass of white wine
400gr of Italian Tomato Sauce
1 ½ cups of boiling water
2 x garlic cloves
2 x medium sized carrots (diced into small cubes)
2 x celery sticks (diced into small cubes)
Fresh rosemary sprigs
Freshly chopped parsley (to serve)
Extra Virgin Olive Oil (EVOO)
Salt & Pepper
Dried mixed herbs
1. If you are using dried Porcini mushrooms for your chicken cacciatore, put them into a medium size bowl and add 2 x glasses of boiling water. Put this to the side.
2. Put a medium size casserole dish or deep frying pan on the stove at medium heat. Add extra virgin olive oil and leave to warm up.
3. Add 2 x garlic cloves to the pan (leave them whole) and a few sprigs of rosemary.
4. Mix using a wooden spoon and leave to simmer for a minute or so.
5. Add the chicken pieces to the pan, one next to the other and leave to simmer for a few minutes. Once the chicken pieces have begun to brown on one side, turn them over to brown the other side too.
6. Add salt, pepper and dried mix herbs to season. Leave to simmer and turn once again.
7. Add the diced carrot and celery into the pan, making sure the chicken is completely surrounded. You may need to turn it over again.
8. Add 1 ½ glasses of white wine to the chicken cacciatore and leave to simmer, covering the pan with the lid so the aromas are infused into the chicken.
9. After approx. 5 minutes, uncover the pan and add the Italian passata. Use the tongs to move the chicken around and make sure the sauce has spread well throughout the pan.
10. Then, add the porcini mushrooms along with the water into the pan, mix well and leave covered to infuse for at least 4-5 minutes.
11. Uncover the pan and turn the chicken pieces around one last time and leave for another 2-3 minutes.
12. Once the water has evaporated and sauce has thickened, your chicken cacciatore dish is ready to be served!
E ora si mangia, Vincenzo’s Plate…Enjoy!
Subscribe to my YOUTUBE CHANNEL http://www.youtube.com/user/vincenzosplate?sub_confirmation=1
LIKE ME ON FACEBOOK https://www.facebook.com/vincenzosplate/
FOLLOW ME ON INSTAGRAM @vincenzosplate https://www.instagram.com/vincenzosplate/
FOLLOWM ME ON GOOGLE+ https://plus.google.com/+VincenzosPlate/posts
FOLLOW ME ON LINKEDIN https://au.linkedin.com/in/vincenzosplate
FOLLOW ME ON TWITTER https://twitter.com/vincenzosplate
Also join this Incredible #FOODIE community: “ITALIAN STYLE FOOD REVOLUTION”
FOLLOW ON GOOGLE+ http://bit.ly/Italianstylefoodrevolution
It would be awesome to watch my videos in different languages. Would you love to help me to translate my videos to your language? http://www.youtube.com/timedtext_video?ref=share&v=qSQ22DR08LQ
Thank you very much
LIKE, SHARE and COMMENT on my videos please. It really means a lot to me.
MUSIC: Courtesy of Epidemic Sound http://www.epidemicsound.com/
#VincenzosPlate is a You Tube channel with a focus on cooking, determined to teach the world, one #videorecipe at a time that you don’t need to be a professional #chef to impress friends, family and yourself with mouth-watering #ItalianFoodRecipes right out of your very own kitchen, whilst having a laugh (and a glass of vino!).
#chickencacciatorerecipe #chicken #chickenrecipes #easychickenrecipes #chickenrecipe #goodchickenrecipe #chickencacciatoreslowcooker #bestchickencasserole #cacciatorerecipe #italianchicken #chickencasserole
Re-Watch the #ChickenCacciatore video recipe: https://youtu.be/qSQ22DR08LQ