Chicken and Waffles are great, right??? Well, this is my take on the classic chicken and waffle recipe. With Saint Patrick’s Day around the corner, I thought I would give this favorite, a festive green twist. Plus – the wings are BAKED, making it a much healthier food option. Try it and let me know what you think. If you like it please subscribe to my channel.
See the full recipe on my blog dinnerstrategies.com or check me out on Instagram –
• 2 cups flour
• 1/4 cup honey
• 1 tbsp plus 1 tsp baking powder
• 1 tbsp cocoa powder
• 1/2 tsp salt
• 1 3/4 cups milk
• 1/3 cup butter melted
• 2 large eggs
• 2 tsp vanilla extract
• 1/2 tsp apple cider vinegar
• 2 tbsp green food coloring
1. Whisk the flour, sugar, baking powder, cocoa and salt in a large bowl. In another bowl, whisk the milk, melted butter, eggs, vanilla, food coloring and vinegar. Make a well in the flour mixture and pour the milk mixture in. Wisk until barely smooth.2. Heat your waffle iron according to the manufacturers instructions. Spray the waffle iron with cooking spray and then pour batter into the center of the waffle iron. Let it cook until crispy and GREEN.
• 1-2lbs of chicken wings
• 1 cup flour
• salt and pepper
• olive oil cooking spray
1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
2. After cleaning wings, dry them well with paper towels. Dryer wings are more crispy.
3. Combine flour, salt and pepper in a plastic bag. When thoroughly mixed, add wings. Shake well.
4. Line a large baking sheet with foil and spray with olive oil just slightly.
5. Add wings to the pan and spray with olive oil cooking spray.
6. Bake for 25 minutes and turn.
7. Bake for another 15 to 20 minutes or until crispy and done
Again, if you love Chicken and Waffles (Green and Baked) subscribe to my channel, like this video, and leave a comment!!!