Download the new Tasty app: http://tstyapp.com/m/mFqUXJtD3E
Reserve the One Top: http://bit.ly/2v0iast
The Best Crispy Chicken Parmesan
2 boneless, skinless chicken breasts.
1 teaspoon salt
½ teaspoon pepper
½ teaspoon onion powder
1 cup flour
1 cup seasoned bread crumbs
2 cups marinara sauce
8 slices of fresh mozzarella
½ cup grated Parmesan
Basil, thinly sliced, to serve
1. Preheat oven to 450°F (230°C).
2. Cut the chicken breasts in half widthwise to make 4 thin breasts.
3. Season the chicken with salt, pepper, and onion powder.
4. Coat the chicken in flour, then egg, and then bread crumbs.
5. Heat oil in a cast iron skillet and fry the chicken on both sides until brown, about 4 minutes each side. Transfer to a paper towel-lined plate to drain.
6. Place the fried chicken breasts in a baking dish. If they don’t fit side by side, gently overlap them.
7. Pour the marinara over the chicken and top with mozzarella slices and Parmesan.
8. Bake for 10-15 minutes, or until the cheese is browned and bubbling.
9. Serve with freshly chopped basil.
Inspired by: https://www.buzzfeed.com/alixtraeger/chicken-parm-lasagna?utm_term=.ycJqVdm1J#.qmZBM9ln6
Check us out on Facebook! – facebook.com/buzzfeedtasty
Add To Playlist
Licensed via Warner Chappell Production Music Inc.